No matter how hard you fight it, stress seems to find its way into your day. I am always looking for ways to reduce stress and make my time management more efficient. Here are a few things I like to do:
- Do a “brain dump” and make a to do list before bed: Make your to-do list before you go to bed at night, and plan everything you want to try to get done during the day. I like to do this at night because my mind tends to run through the events of the next day when I lay down in bed at night, so it helps to get it all written out so I can sleep.
- Be active: Getting out and taking a walk, or (if you have the time) going for a run or to the gym can make a huge difference in your day. When you exercise you release endorphins, and that also helps to promote productivity. Plus, I find I just have more energy knock out my daily tasks when I’ve done a good workout. I even write it out on my to do list at night.
- Smart scheduling: Schedule the most important tasks for the time of day when you have the most energy and concentration. That happens to be early afternoon for me. If you find yourself most productive first thing in the morning, then schedule them for that time.
- Big things first: Get that one big thing out of the way first. You’ll move into the afternoon with a sense of accomplishment and will feel the weight lifted from your shoulders of larger tasks. This has been SO helpful for me!
- Do nothing for 5 minutes: Taking time to recharge is so important. It’ll help you keep a clear head and stay calm throughout the day. If you have more time to do this and want to, then go for it!
Stress can have many negative effects on the body. Finding little ways to help reduce stress are so important! I’d love to hear what your stress reducing activities are, and if you’ve tried out any of my favorites. Leave me a comment and let me know!